The training helps you to identify, understand and respond to the signs and symptoms of mental illnesses, thus enabling in early intervention and prevention of mental health problems in your family and community. Evaluations on the impact of the training reveals that the participants could better manage their mental health as well. Moreover, their testimonies state that through practicing first aid skills, lives have been saved.
What do you Learn
Why become a Mental Health First Aider
Benefits of the SMHFA Course
- Certificate of Completion as a Mental Health First Aider.
- Standard Mental Health First Aid Manual, for any future reference.
- Free online Accreditation test valid for 3 years.
- Member of Accredited Mental Health First Aiders private Facebook Group.
- MHFA Accreditation which can be added as a skill in resume.
- Added value to become a Mental Health First Aid Officer at Workplace.
- Access to researches, studies and articles on mental health in MHFA India website.
What MHFA does not do
We do not teach people to become therapists, diagnose or provide counselling. Instead, we teach people to understand mental illnesses and its symptoms, to reach confidently to the one in need and know how to help even in crises.